of Vulcan Pottery, Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Factoring business started by B. J. Swinnerton at Burton Place, Hanley.
- c.1906 Company founded with factories in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. Swinnertons, Vulcan Works, Hanley, appointed H. Field their London agent, showing their samples at his rooms, 106, Hatton-garden, EC.
- 1911 Became a limited company. B. J. Swinnerton joined with W. Lindley in taking over a business at the Old Chelsea Works.
- On the death of B. J. Swinnerton, V. G. H. Alcock joined the firm, becoming its chairman.
- WWI: During the war W. Bloore joined the firm and another factory, the Washington Pottery, was acquired (by 1953 this works had been sold).
- 1925 The Victoria Pottery was purchased, followed soon after by the purchase of the Scotia Pottery at Burslem. In the meantime, the teapot business had developed and a further teapot factory was added to the group.
- The directors (of Swinnertons?), now joined by R. B. Bloore and W. S. Lindley, decided to build a new, single-storey factory, for the exclusive manufacture of Samian and Rockingham teapots.
- 1938 started to rebuild the Vulcan Pottery but this was interrupted by the second world war.
- 1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1228) 
- 1952 The redevelopment of the Vulcan Pottery was completed in August. The old-established business of Davison and Sons was purchased. Trading still continued under the Swinnertons name.
- 1959 The Swinnertons group was taken over by the Lawley Group .
-  The Potteries Website
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1947 British Industries Fair Adverts 398 and 399; and p269