in the centre of Stourport-on-Severn
An iron bridge over the River Severn, completed in 1870. This is the 4th bridge, replacing one completed in 1806.
The designer was Edward Wilson. The contract for masonry, drainage, roadwork, etc., was placed with Henry Hilton of Birmingham. Thomas Vale, later of Thomas Vale and Co., was also involved in this contract. The contract for dismantling the old iron bridge and supplying and erecting the new iron bridge, went to the Lloyds, Fosters division of the Patent Shaft and Axletree Co.