Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Brierley Hill Glass Works, Brierley Hill, Staffordshire. (1922)
of Brierley Hill Glass Works, Brierley Hill, Staffordshire. Telephone: Brierley Hill 2. Cables: "Crystal, Brierley Hill". (1929)
The heritage of Royal Brierley spans 300 years and 15 generations.
Principally, the company has grown under the guidance of three families - the De Henzels, Honeybornes and latterly, the Silvers.
1779 Brierley Hill Glass Works founded by Richard Honeybourne
It was during Joseph Silver's period of control, that the company leased the Moor Lane Glasshouse at Briar Lea Hill. His daughters married William Stevens and Samuel Cox-Williams who took control of the business in 1847. The company became Mills and Stevens and then William Stevens and Samuel Cox-Williams.
It then became the Stevens and Williams Glassworks.
WWI Ceased making decorative glass; concentrated on tableware for the Army and Navy, chemical and medical glassware, miner's lamps, electrical light bulbs and lighting glassware.
1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Table and Fancy Glassware; Illuminating Glassware, and Mounting Glassware of every description. (Stand Nos. G.21 and G.43) 
1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Domestic and Fancy Glassware in Cut, Engraved, Intaglio and Gilt Decorations, Crystal and Colours, Hotel and Restaurant Ware, Mounting Glassware and Globes for Electric and Incandescent Lighting. (Stand No. G.26) 
1930s The trading name Stevens and Williams was used until the 1930s when the company became Royal Brierley Crystal to signify its appointment as the Royal British Glassmakers.
Today, Royal Brierley is operated by Dartington Crystal (Torrington), of Torrington in North Devon.