St John's Wood Generating Station
of Grove Road, St John's Wood, London
Belonged to Central Electric Supply Co
1912 A correspondent to The Times identified the company's station as one of 6 which should be considered for bulk supply in an integrated London network; it generated 3 phase 50 Hz 6kV, with DC at 200V - 400 V.
1925 One of four stations (others being Bow, Deptford East, Acton Lane Power Station) which continued in operation following the formation of the London and Home Counties Joint Electricity Authority in 1925; many other, smaller stations in central London were closed.
Sources of Information
- The Times Jun 12, 1912