St. George's Engineering Co
From Graces Guide
St. George's Engineering Co of Pope Street, Birmingham
formerly St. George's Foundry Co.
1884 The company became the St. George's Engineering Co.
1884 Charles Andrew Edward Talbot Palmer joins as foreman of the cycle department
1890 Jan/Feb. The Stanley Exhibition of Cycles at the Crystal Palace. Chain tensioner for bicycle. Illustrated.
1896 Starley Brothers and Westwood Manufacturing Co established at the St George's Engineering Co
1915 A new company with similar name was incorporated
1919 Universal chucks. Of Brearley Street.
1922 Machine tool manufacturer making chucks
Sources of Information
- The Story of the Bicycle, by John Woodforde, 1970
- The Engineer 1890/02/14 p138
- Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p207