Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,749 pages of information and 199,760 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
South Maria Mine, which includes the minerals under the Tamar river, is in the parish of Calstock, union of Liskeard, hundred of East, Cornwall, within the bounds of the manor of Calstock, and mining district of Callington, and adjoins the well-known Devon Great Consols Mines.
1844 This mine was first opened, and was worked by George Croker Fox and others under the name of Tincroft.
1856 Afterwards was worked by Thomas Bartlett, Esq., under the name of South Maria