Skefko Ball Bearing Co
of Skefko Works, Luton
Skefko Ball Bearing Company of Luton known as SKF.
1910 Private company.
1920 September. Exhibited at the Machine Tool and Engineering Exhibition at Olympia with ball bearings.
1936 Company made public.
1937 Ball and roller bearing manufacturers. "SKF" Ball and Roller Bearings.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1961 The only British manufacturers of all four basic types of bearings, namely: ball, cylindrical roller, taper roller and spherical roller.
Sources of Information
- * The Engineer of 10th September 1920 p244
- The Engineer 1926/04/02
- * 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- * 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p203
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p241