Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,931 pages of information and 225,312 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1899 company incorporated as the Maxim Electrical and Engineering Export Co Ltd to acquired the sole agency for Asia, Australisia and Africa of the electrical items manufactured by the Hiram Maxim Electrical Corporation Ltd and J. F. Pease and Co of Middlesbrough
1900 Acquired the engineering business of Messrs Edward and Barnes of London
1901 Name changed to Sir Hiram Maxim Electrical and Engineering Co
Several increases in capital but no prospectus issued to the general public
1901 Acquired Hiram Maxim Electrical Corporation Ltd
1901 A former employee promoted the Hiram S. Maxim Lamp Co Ltd; this would have sole rights to sale of the Maxim Lamp.
1902 J. F. Pease and Co bought back the export rights to the railway signalling equipment that it made
1903 After disputes about the supply, the company acquired the Hiram S. Maxim Lamp Co
1904 Acquired from Sir Hiram S. Maxim the patent rights to his captive flying machines; a subsidiary company was subsequently formed to promote this
1904 Promoted the Electric Light Insurance and Maintenance Co (1904) Ltd to acquire the Electric Light Maintenance, Insurance and Construction Company that was in liquidation but had been good customers of the company.
1904 company liquidated
1905 The Sir Hiram Maxim Electrical Co was registered on 29 April, to acquire the business of manufacturers of all kinds of arc and incandescent electric lamps, formerly owned by the Sir Hiram Maxim Electrical and Engineering Co.