Shepherd, Hill and Spink
of Hunslet Road, Leeds
1844 John Shepherd (1816-1902) went into business on his own account
1846 Dissolution of the Partnership between John Shepherd, William Wilkinson, James Spink, and George Hill, under the firm or style of Shepherd, Wilkinson, and Co., as Machine and Tool Makers, at the Union Foundry, Hunslet-lane, Hunslet, in the parish of Leeds and county of York. John Shepherd, James Spink, and George Hill carried on the business under the style or firm of Shepherd, Hill, and Spink.
1851 Award at the 1851 Great Exhibition for self acting lathes. See details at 1851 Great Exhibition: Reports of the Juries: Class VI.
1851 Messrs Shepherd, Hill and Spink made their first machine for cutting "wheels".
1855 Represented on the Leeds Committee for the 1855 Paris Exhibition
Presumably continued as Shepherd, Hill and Co.
Sources of Information
- London Gazette 11 December 1846
- The Engineer 1908/08/07