Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,813 pages of information and 211,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1909 February: The Aero Club of the United Kingdom acquired a flying ground at Shellbeach which it would equip with sheds for use of members of the club; members would also be able to erect their own sheds - sse Muswell Manor
1909 July: Short Brothers created Shellbeach Aerodrome on unobstructed marshland next to Muswell Manor, (earlier known as "Mussel Manor") near Leysdown-on-Sea on the Isle of Sheppey in the Thames Estuary, recently purchased by Frank McClean for the use of the Aero Club.
In 1910 they moved, along with the Royal Aero Club, to larger quarters on higher ground at Eastchurch, 3 miles or so away