Manufacturer of mining equipment, aircraft and car components, machinery and castings, of Sheepbridge Works, Chesterfield
and the investments in
The shares in the company were given to the existing shareholders.
1956 Subsidiaries included:
1957 Subsidiary W. E. Bray and Co had developed a heavier 4-wheel drive vehicle; arrangement with Eickhoff of Bochum to produce a pan conveyor for coal mining; the Burlington process for centrifugal casting of long steel tubes had been introduced in 1953 and had made steady progress since then
1961 Colliery, mechanical and electrical engineers. Main products include haulage gears, cylinder liners, pistons, piston rings, circlips and components for the aircraft industry; quarry installations and tile presses; castings; chrome hardening and plating; machine tools and equipment; earth moving equipment; copper, bronze, iron and steel parts. 5,000 group employees. 
1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Pistons, rings etc. 
1983 Under the Lazard scheme to reduce capacity in castings, the Sheepbridge foundry was closed.