Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,386 pages of information and 227,858 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Foster and Seddon Ltd of Salford built commercial vehicles from 1938 to 1974.
See also Seddon: Buses
1944 Advert for diesel lorry. (Foster and Seddon)
1947 Became Seddon Lorries.
1948 Moved from Salford to the Woodstock factory (Oldham)
1950 Produced and launched a 3-ton with a Perkins engine which remained in production until 1963.
1951 Became a public company.
1956 Styling changed with wrap-round windscreens.
1961 Employed 450 persons. Of Woodstock factory, Oldham. Two subsidiaries. Manufacturers of commercial and passenger vehicles. 
1972 Launched new heavy range.
1974 The business was acquired by International Harvester of the USA. Vehicles then marked as Seddon-Atkinson.
After 1982 Seddon and Atkinson had merged.