Scottish Tar Distillers
Scottish Tar Distillers of Falkirk and elsewhere
1950 Became a Public liability company.
1952 the Scottish Gas Board acquired 25% of Scottish Tar Distillers
1971 Following the diversification of its interests, the company changed its name to Ross Chemical and Services Co Ltd in February 1971. The constitution of the company was changed to permit Scottish Tar Distillers to be a subsidiary company.
1972 the Scottish Gas Board sold its shares to Hay’s Wharf Ltd, of London who sold it on in 1973 to Kuwait Investment. Shortly thereafter the Lime Wharf works were gutted by fire and the remaining tar distillation work was bought by British Steel Corporation (Chemicals ) Ltd.
Sources of Information
-  Falkirk Archives: chemicals