1908 George Younger and Son, Ltd., decided to build a bottle works to manufacture their own bottles.
A cooperage was reconstructed for the purpose, and the first glass furnace went into production in October 1908, using semi-automatic bottle-making machines.
1911 A second furnace was built
1914 another furnace was added.
1919 George Younger and Son, with three other large Scottish breweries, were formed into this limited liability company. A production shop was built with new gas-producer plant, regenerative glass-tank furnace and fully automatic bottle-making machinery.