Elbinger Schichau-Werft of Elbing. Elbing was in West Prussia, now Elbląg, Poland.
Established by Ferdinand Schichau.
Ferdinand Schichau also built a shipyard in Pillau near Königsberg (East Prussia) (today Baltiysk, Kaliningrad Oblast). The Borussia, constructed by him, was the first screw-vessel in Germany. He constructed another large shipyard in Danzig (Gdańsk).
Schichau gained an associate c.1873 when his daughter married Carl H. Ziese (1848 -1917). In 1874 he built the first compound steam engine for a German warship.
Schichau's name remains in the Schichau Seebeck Shipyard at Bremerhaven, Germany.
For more historical information, see Wikipedia entry for Ferdinand Schichau.
An impressive example of a sectioned 1883 triple expansion torpedo boat engine is on display at the Deutsches Museum (see photo).
A similar sectioned engine (1888 900 HP triple-expansion marine engine from the 'Weihe' torpedo boat) is on display at Vienna Technical Museum.