Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,131 pages of information and 233,678 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Schering AG was a research-centered German pharmaceutical company.
1851 The company was founded by Ernst Schering (1824-1889) when he purchased a chemist's shop and called it the Green Pharmacy.
1871 The company became a public limited company, Chemische Fabrik auf Aktien.
An affiliate company began to operate in New York, Schering and Glatz.
1920 The Schering Corporation subsidiary was set up in America.
1927 The company merged with the Berlin Chemische Fabrik Kahlibaum, to form Schering-Kahlibaum AG.
1937 Schering-Kahlibaum AG became Schering AG following a change in ownership.
WWII Schering Corporation merged with Plough Inc. to become Schering Plough, this company remaining separate from the German company.
1950 After being dismantled, the company was re-established.
2003 Schering's annual gross revenue was nearly € 5 billion.
2006 The company merged with Bayer's pharma sector in December, the company headquarters being in Berlin-Wedding, Germany. At the time of the merger, the company employed more than 26,000 people in 140 subsidiaries worldwide.