Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,065 pages of information and 227,378 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Beach Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham
Lawson was a motorcycle produced in 1948, and built by Alec Lawson, a supplier of accessories to the trade, of the Sackville company in Sparkhill, Birmingham.
The machine was a special based on a Ner-A-Car of the 1920s, but differing in the length of the frame, which had been extended by about 5 inches/12cm. The body was in aluminium, it had out-rigger wheels, twin headlamps, a windscreen, fascia for the instruments and an intriacte exhaust system. The engine, designed and built by a Mr Haythorn, was a 288cc air-cooled in-line ohc four which had a three-speed gearbox bolted directly to it, with a bevel drive for the rear chain. There was never any intention to market it.