S. Taylor Parry
of 4, 6 and 8 Princess Street, Chester (formerly Crook Street Foundries)
1720 Company established. At the original foundries Parry's smelted iron by natural draught, no other methods being known then.
1780 A Horse Motion was erected and a number of horses were harnessed to poles and walked around a circle of about sixty feet in circumference, transmitting power to a large fan and this was connected to the Cupola for melting the iron more rapidly than by natural draught.
1815 A table engine was made up, the first of its kind in the country, and the old horse works were done away with to be replaced by the steam engine.
1901 The old foundries were demolished and the business transferred to Princess Works.
1914 Steam, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Millwright, Iron and Brass Founder, Manufacturer and Repairer of Steam Engines, Boilers, Launch Machinery, Agricultural Machinery Engines, Stationary, Portable and Traction, Oil Engines, Gas Engines, Petrol and Electric Motors, Tobacco and Boot Machinery, Saw Mills, Pumping Plants, Milling Plant, Refrigerating Plant, Brewing Plant, Laundry Machinery etc.