Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,194 pages of information and 233,428 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
the S. U. Co of Shipton Works, 154 Prince of Wales Road, Kentish Town, London
of East Works, Bordesley Green, Birmingham (1937)
of Erdington, Birmingham (1963)
Maker of SU carburettors
S.U. Co Ltd was named for Skinners Union, the 2 brothers who designed the carburettor. The carburettors were a brand of sidedraft carburettor widely used in British (Austin, Morris, Triumph, MG) and Swedish (Volvo, Saab 99) automobiles for much of the twentieth century.
1912 Established the S. U. Co Ltd to make the carburettor.
1913 S.U. continued to use the Wailes's Euston Road address for a short time (see advert)
1915 Listed under Motor Car Accessories as "S. U. Company Ltd (Carburetters), 349 Enfield Road NW and 48 Warren Street, W." 
1919 January. Advert for Carburetters 
1926 Morris took over S.U., their main carburettor supplier.