Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,975 pages of information and 229,027 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1840 Opened and comprising eleven elliptical arches, it is around 700 feet long and spans both Leicester Road and the River Avon. Opened in 1840 by the Midland Counties Railway, it is one of the country’s oldest disused viaducts, forming part of the first rail route between London and York.
Engineered by Charles Vignoles, it is built in red brick with a facing of Staffordshire blue brindles and sandstone dressings.
1965 Closed to traffic