Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,039 pages of information and 213,154 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1957 renamed as the Royal Radar Establishment.
1958 Royal Radar Establishment placed a contract with Plessey for integrated circuits.
1959 control of the establishment passed to the Ministry of Aviation
1967 responsibility for the establishment passed to the Ministry of Technology
1970 responsibility passed to the Ministry of Aviation Supply
1971 responsibility was undertaken by the Ministry of Defence.
1976 the Signals Research and Development Establishment was moved from Christchurch to Malvern and the Services Electronics Research Laboratory at Baldock also moved to Malvern; these two establishments were merged with Royal Radar Establishment to form the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment. RRE's guided weapons responsibilities passed to the Royal Aircraft Establishment at Farnborough.