Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,942 pages of information and 230,620 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Rosedale Associated Manufacturers, makers of Rosedale and Countess plastic products and Tudor Rose plastic toys, of Central House, 34-36 Oxford Street, London, W1. Telephone: Museum 2694. Cables: "Roseam, London". Works: Treforest, Glamorgan, Wales and Cinderford, Glos.
1933 Norman Henry Rosedale set up the business
1936 Began to manufacture plastic goods at factory in Treforest, Glamorgan
c.1945 The company opened a factory in Foundry Road, Cinderford.
1946 Acquired Manwood Engineering Co, maker of moulds for injection and blow moulding machines
1947 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of 'Tudor Rose' Plastic Mouldings, Combs, Buttons, Hair Ornaments, Moulded Costume Jewellery, Nursery requisites, Rattles, Toys, Fancy Goods and Novelties. (Fancy Goods Section - Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand No. G.2066) 
1950 Employed 220 people, mostly women.
1968 The Cinderford factory, at which toys and domestic articles were assembled, was destroyed by fire and was not rebuilt. By that time some plastic components were made in new works at Steam Mills. 
1969 Rosedale Industries Ltd was incorporated as a public company which acquired Rosedale Associated Manufacturers. About three-quarters of the group's products were supplied to F. W. Woolworth's but this led to sharp reduction in profits