Maker of scientific instruments.
1879 A recording sphygmotonometer, which was made by and could be obtained from Mr. Robert Fulcher of 18 Panton Street, Cambridge, was described and illustrated in the Journal of Physiology.
Robert Fulcher had been working in the Cavendish Laboratory, and Albert George Dew-Smith provided financial backing to start a business making scientific instruments in a loft at 18 Panton Street. They were joined by Horace Darwin. Fulcher left the business on 1 January 1881, and it was purchased by Darwin in partnership with Dew-Smith, and became the Cambridge Scientific Instrument Co..
Sources of Information
-  'THE FORM OF THE PULSE-WAVE. As studied in the Carotid of the Rabbit. By CHARLES S.ROY, M.D., 1879
- 'The Scientific - The Story of the Cambridge Scientific Company' by Donald J. Unwin, published by the Cambridge Industrial Archaeology Society and the Museum of Technology, 2001 & 2002