Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,277 pages of information and 198,453 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Richardsons, Westgarth Co, marine, electrical engineers and boiler makers, of Hartlepool
also of Hartlepool Engine Works, Hartlepool; Commercial Street, Middlesborough; Scotia Engine Works, Sunderland
also of Wallsend, Northumberland
1900 October 29th. Richardsons, Westgarth and Co was registered to acquire the businesses of marine engine and boiler manufacturers of T. Richardson and Sons of Hartlepool, Sir Christopher Furness, Westgarth and Co of Middlesbrough and William Allan and Co of Sunderland . Incorporated as a limited company on the amalgamation of these three companies.
1903 Blowing engine for Clarence Works, Middlesbrough.
1904 Built a blowing engine for Appleby Frodingham Ironworks
1906 Built a blowing engine for Briton Ferry Ironworks
1914 Directory: Listed as Boiler Makers 
1914 Marine, electrical and general engineers and boilermakers. Specialities: marine engines and boilers, turbines and turbo generator sets, gas engines, evaporators, condensing plants. Employees 3,500. 
Makers of 'Nesdrum' water-tube boilers
1924 Advert says they are marine engine builders including steam reciprocating, steam turbine and diesel engines. Head office is Hartlepool with works also at Middlesbrough and Sunderland 
1925 Due to the severe depression in shipbuilding and the marine engineering industry, the company announced in March of 1925 that its works at Middlesborough were to be closed down, and orders from it were obtained by the firm's Hartlepool works. 
1938 the firm of George Clark at Sunderland also joined the group.
1942 Built a blowing engine for Brymbo Steelworks
1952 Private company - Richardsons, Westgarth (Hartlepool) Ltd was a subsidiary of Richardsons, Westgarth and Co, the public company
1956 Atomic Power Constructions was established to tender for nuclear power plant contracts; jointly owned by Richardsons, Westgarth and Co, International Combustion (Holdings) and Crompton Parkinson .
The company did well until the 1960s. By this time the shipbuilding industry in Britain was in decline.
1961 Electrical, mechanical and general engineers; turbo alternators, condensing and feed heating plant and boilermakers. 2,500 employees.
1961 Manufacturers and sale of land and marine steam and gas turbines and gearing; power installations; turbo blowers and compressors; "N.E.M.-Doxford" oil engines; N.E.M. Gotaverken diesel engines; Clark-Sulzer diesel engines; economic boilers an super heaters; sea water and industrial evaporators; ship repairers and dry dock owners. 7,250 employees. 
1982 Richardsons, Westgarth gradually closed its works, and finally went out of business in Hartlepool in 1982.