Rathbone Place Power Station
of London
1887 The station was first commissioned in March 1887 as a private supply.
1889 The Metropolitan Electric Supply Company Limited acquired it.
1889 The Metropolitan Electric Supply Co extended it; the system was designed by Electric Construction Co; five Babcock & Wilcox boilers were installed each capable of evaporating 6,000 lb. of water per hour, the working pressure being 200lb. per square inch. These supplied steam to five Willans triple expansion engines of 200 IHP each connected to 100 kW Elwell-Parker alternators.
By 1905 its output was 825 kW of direct current.
By 1926 presumably decommissioned.
