Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,191 pages of information and 209,712 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Magnet Works, Lombard Street, Birmingham, 12. Telephone: Victoria 1137/8 (2 lines). Telegraphic Address: "Borings, Birmingham". (1937)
1900 Company established
1908 Developed an ore grader
1912 Exhibitor at the Non-Ferrous Metals Exhibition at the Royal Agricultural Halls .
1919 Moved from the Crescent to Lombard Street
1920 September. Exhibited at the Machine Tool and Engineering Exhibition at Olympia with a magnetic ore separator.
1932 Billy Box left the company to set up Electromagnets
1937 British Industries Fair Advert for the Manufacture of all classes of Electro-Magnet Equipments for wet and dry materials. Also the 'Rapidity' Separator for feebly magnetic ores. Patent "Biaflux" and "Rapidity" types. Also Electro-Magnetic Chucks, Clutches, Brakes, Lifting Magnets and Special Appliances. (Engineering/Metals/Quarry, Roads and Mining/Transport Section - Stand No. Cb.512)
1937 Electro-magneto separators, lifting magnets, chucks and clutches.
1937 Patent - Apparatus for preparing or cleaning surfaces by directing finely divided substances thereon.
1946 Patent - A new or improved magnetic holding device or clamp.
1975 Still at Lombard Street. Last year?