of Raglan Works, Coventry
Also known as the Raglan Cycle Co
Raglan were motorcycles produced in 1903, in Coventry.
1897 The company was registered on 4 December, to take over the businesses of Taylor, Cooper and Bednell and the Anti-Friction Ball Co and became the Raglan Cycle and Anti-Friction Ball Co.
1899 Produced an automobile - the 'Raglan' - that was a modified Benz. Possibly twelve made.
1899 AGM. C. D. Turrall (managing director). Directors are George Taylor, G. J. Eveson and Alfred Bednall 
1903 Exhibited at the 1903 Motor Show (Stanley). The machine was said to have a stout frame and excellent 2.75hp engine. They also showed a forecar with a 3.75hp engine, fitted with a water-cooled cylinder head. It was very short lived.
1905 Application to reduce the share capital from £120,000 to £40,000.
1908 AGM. Poor results. Edgar Turrall presided. Directors: G. Taylor, G. J. Eveson and A. Bednell.
1909 Company to be wound up. '...Extraordinary General Meeting of the Raglan Cycle and Anti-Friction Ball Company Limited, duly convened, and held at Raglan Works, Raglan street, Coventry,...'
1911 Property for sale. 'The Modern Manufactory known as the Raglan Cycle, Nos 2 and 3 Works, covering an area of about 6,479 square yards, extending from Vine Street to Canterbury Street, Coventry, comprising extensive Shopping, Warehouses, including two-storey Building, comprising shopping and offices, the whole giving giving a ground floor space of about 42,000 square feet, and a Dwelling house used as a timekeeper's House.'
1921 Company listed to be struck off.
Sources of Information
- ↑ The London Gazette Publication date:5 February 1897 Issue:26820 Page:708
- ↑ Beaulieu Encyclopedia of the Automobile
- ↑ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Monday 09 October 1899
- ↑  Gazette Issue 27759 published on the 27 January 1905. Page 17 of 92
- ↑ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Tuesday 27 October 1908
- ↑  Gazette Issue 28294 published on the 5 October 1909. Page 34 of 80
- ↑ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Monday 06 February 1911
- ↑  Gazette Issue 32196 published on the 18 January 1921. Page 23 of 78
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X