Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,750 pages of information and 213,810 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Thimble Mill Lane, Aston, Birmingham, 6. Telephone: Central 2169. Telegraphic Address: "Raditherm". Also at North Circular Road, London; Warrington; Leeds and Luton. (1937)
1919 Public company formed to acquire any or all of the shares of John Wright and Eagle Range, Richmond Gas Stove and Meter Co and carry on the business of gas stove and gas appliance makers and dealers. Also acquired Davis Gas Stove Co.
1923 Regulo thermostats (said to have been invented in 1915) were first fitted by Radiation as standard to its gas ovens.
1926 They disposed the industrial section of their furnace business, hitherto carried on at Grappenhall Works, Warrington, together with the business of Brayshaw Furnaces and Tools to Messrs. S. N. and E. R. Brayshaw. Fletcher Russell and Co, Warrington, continued to manufacture and supply dental laboratory and general technical apparatus and appliances, which were its own furnace specialties, and the Davis Furnace Co, Luton, continued to manufacture and supply its "Revergen" furnace in its various forms. The Brayshaw Company acquired additional works to deal with its furnace trade. Its milling cutter and small tool products were from now on manufactured at its Mulberry-street, Manchester, works.
1937 British Industries Fair Advert for Gas Fires, Cookers and Water Heaters. Regulo controlled New World Gas Cookers, High "Beam" Gas Fires, Gas Radiators, Gas operated Hot Water Apparatus, and Large Cooking Apparatus for hotels and boarding houses. (Gas: Industrial and Domestic Section - Stand Nos. Ca.603 and Ca.502) 
1948 Radiation offered a number of solid-fuel appliances - the Siesta stove, the Yorkdale range, and the Sutton coke grate. Had developed a cooking range for railway use that could use locomotive fuel, in addition to the normal range for this use which burnt "oil gas" 
By 1958 had acquired Jackson Electric Stove Co - the Luton factory was totally devoted to electric appliances; gas appliances were made by the gas division and by subsidiary Bratt Colbran, makers of space heating equipment; had introduced further Ductair warm air heating equipment
1958 Acquired Parnall (Yate) Ltd which broadened the range of domestic appliances, especially washing machines and gas water heaters, as well as the supply of castings. Parnalls included Ascot Gas Water Heaters.
1961 Manufacturers of gas, electric and solid fuel appliances. Other group activities include light engineering products, light alloy castings, specialised products in vitreous enamels etc.