Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,261 pages of information and 218,941 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
In 1887, R. K. LeBlond founded the R. K. LeBlond Machine Tool Company to manufacture metal cutting lathes.
As a result of a joint venture with Makino Milling Machine, LeBlond Makino Machine Tool Company was formed in 1981. In 1996, LeBlond Makino Machine Tool Company changed its name to Makino.
Then in 1997, LeBlond Lathe Parts was founded to focus on the service and support of all LeBlond lathe equipment manufactured since 1887. In 1998, after acquiring the W. F. and John Barnes Co, the company's name was changed to LeBlond Ltd to reflect a broader business purpose.
LeBlond continued its acquisition strategy by acquiring the Standard Modern lathe service parts business in 1999. The Johnson Press and Deka Drill service parts businesses were acquired from South Bend Lathe in 2001 and the South Bend Lathe and Dynablast parts businesses in March, 2002. LeBlond's product support team had collectively 160 years of service with LeBlond Machine Tool Company, LeBlond Makino and Makino.