Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,265 pages of information and 230,174 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Hardings of Bath.
Produced hand-propelled and electric carriages
1921 Company founded
Initially produced hand-propelled tricycles.
1926 Introduced a variety of powered invalid carriages. The De Luxe models A and B were powered by a 122cc Villier and the Pultney was powered by either a 200cc or 300cc JAP. There were also 24-volt or 36-volt electric machines.
1945 Renamed R. A. Harding (Bath) Ltd, and the Pultney was discontinued.
1948 December. The De Luxe moels were upgraded with larger rear wheels, a new petrol tank, and a fan-cooled Villiers 147cc unit.
1956 Hardings introduced a full bodied model called the Consort. Only 12 of these were made.
1966. Ceased production of electric ones.
1988. Company closed.