Pritchett and Gold and E. P. S. Co
Pritchett and Gold and Electric Power Storage Co of 82 Victoria St, London, and Dagenham Dock, Essex.
1882 Electrical Power Storage Co founded.
1901 Pritchetts and Gold company incorporated. Manufactured traction batteries and also a few electric cars.
1918 Acquired the Peto and Radford accumulator business.
1920 The successor company Pritchett and Gold and E. P. S. Co Ltd was incorporated.
1922 Sir Archibald G. Gold was chairman
1922 Considered buying an alkaline battery business; acquired some shares in Worsnop and Co and Alklum Electrics and considered buying their alkaline battery business but, having tested the various products, decided that the Jungner (of Sweden) battery was superior.
1923 Pritchetts and Gold made an agreement with Jungner under which it acquired one-third of the capital of Batteries Ltd and agreed to have no other alkaline battery interests. Pritchetts and Gold's interests in Worsnop and Co and Alklum Electrics were sold to Batteries Ltd.
1930 Public company.
1961 Manufacturers of electric accumulators with marketing organisation throughout the world. 1,284 employees. 
Sources of Information
- Competition Commission report: