Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 129,286 pages of information and 204,290 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Premier Gas Engine Company of Sandiacre, Nottingham
1898 Company incorporated to acquire the business of gas engine manufacturing of Wells Brothers, Nottingham.
1900 250 hp Gas engine. Description and illustration in 'the Engineer' 
1908 Large gas blowing engine. Description and illustration in 'the Engineer'. See illustration.
1919 The company was bought by Crossley Brothers
1923 Bought the Saunderson Tractor and Implement Co
1920 1,000 bhp four-cylinder single-crank vertical large Gas engine. Description and illustration in 'the Engineer' 
1962 Agreement to use the French Pielstick design of engines. Production of these engines, intended for ships, railway locomotives and electricity generation, was initially carried out at Nottingham.
1965 Before the Pielstick engines were established in the market, funds ran out and Crossley Brothers had to call in the receivers.
1965 The Sandiacre factory was sold to Peter Brotherhood Ltd; the work done at Sandiacre was transferred to the Openshaw factory as well as plant concerned with testing and manufacture of Pielstick engines, so that the total manufacture of Pielstick engines would take place under one roof .
1966 The receivers of Crossley Brothers had reorganised the company and sold the business and assets to some of its subsidiaries. Subsequently Belliss and Morcom acquired Crossley-Premier Engines and Furnival and Co .
1966 Production ceased at Sandiacre.