Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 131,536 pages of information and 209,008 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1683 Temple Pottery was built near the old Temple Church.
The business passed through the hands of several proprietors
1813 "Pountney" appeared in the name for the first time.
1886 The old premises were sold; a new factory was acquired at St. Philip's Marsh - the Victoria Pottery.
c.1906 Moved to a new factory at Fishponds.
1962 Acquired Cauldon Potteries Ltd, except for the porcelain side of that business.
1977 The business of Pountney Ltd failed.