Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,769 pages of information and 213,810 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
c.1860 The Pontnewynydd Forge was owned by Messrs. Williams and Co., who operated it as an ordinary ironmaking establishment.
The Williams were unsuccessful and the forge was then closed for some years
Subsequently purchased by a limited company, who worked it for a short time chiefly producing a superior class of bar iron.
After that company failed, the forge was purchased by W. T. Henley who made re-arrangements and improvements making it the most commodious works in the district.
1871 The forge had been adapted for wire making; Mr. E. Riley was the manager - he developed an improved method of coiling wire