Polyblank Foundry. Made the mill wheel shaft at Kingsteignton.
Polyblank & Co of South Devon Ironworks, Newton Abbot, and Dartmouth, Devon.
See also John Polyblank
- A waterwheel at Ruskin Mill (near Nailsworth, Glos.) has the words 'Polyblank Newton' cast into the rim. The wooden spokes have been replaced with steel.
- 1879: 'DARTMOUTH. New River Steamer.— On Thursday the keel of the new river boat, which is being constructed by Messrs. Polyblank, of Newton Abbot, for the Dartmouth and Torbay Steam Packet Co., was laid at the branch works of the builders adjoining the Creek, on the banks of the Dart. Mr. W. Smith (Chairman of the Company] drove the first rivet, and afterwards addressed those present, wishing success to the builders and the vessel. Mr. C. Polyblank acknowledged the compliment paid to the builders. Mr. W. Cranford submitted a vote of credit to the Company, coupling with the sentiment the names of the managers (Messrs. Tolman and Punchard). The former gentleman replied in a happy speech, which closed the ceremony.'
- Makers of steam engines (12 HP steam engine advertised for sale at Coombe Slate Quarry, near Modbury )
Sources of Information
- ↑ Western Times, 20 December 1879
- ↑ Western Times, 17 February 1882