Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,106 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Port Dundas
1901 Began to supply electricity
In winter 1903/4 the old Waterloo Street Generating Station was converted into a sub-station, by taking a temporary supply of high-tension current from the surplus plant of the Tramways Department at Pinkston.
The Pinkston Power Station and substations located at Coplawhill, Dalhousie, Kinning Park, Whitevale and Partick also powered the Glasgow Subway.
1958 The power station was handed over to the South of Scotland Electricity Board
Early 1960s: the power station ceased operating and was demolished in 1977.