Pinder, Bourne and Co, earthenware manufacturer, of Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
- 1848 Thomas Pinder started in business as an earthenware manufacturer at the Swan Bank Works, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1851 Became Pinder, Bourne and Hope, earthenware manufacturer at Fountain Place, Burslem
- 1860 Moved to Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent
- c.1862 Pinder, Bourne and Co, manufacturers of earthenware.
- 1877 Henry Doulton was approached by Shadford Pinder, a potter from Burslem, proposing he become a partner in the firm of Pinder, Bourne and Co for an outlay of £12,000 but the money was unwisely spent and differences of opinion caused such a rift between the two concerns that only arbitration could resolve the matter.
- Pinder retired from the business.
- 1882 the name was changed to Doulton and Co. John Slater was art director at Pinder Bourne; having travelled around the European potteries, convinced Doulton to produce china as well as earthenware.
Sources of Information
- Biography of Sir Henry Doulton, ODNB 
- The Potteries History