Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 56, Victoria Street, Westminster, S.W., and Tredegar Works, Bow, London, E.
1840 Established by John Perry as Perry & Co.
1872 William Perry and Herbert Henry Bartlett joined the firm.
1876 John Perry left the Partnership with William Perry, and Herbert Henry Bartlett, carrying on business in co-partnership as Contractors, under the style of J. Perry and Co., at Tredegar Works, Bow, in the county of Middlesex. The business would be carried on by the said William Perry and Herbert Henry Bartlett, and by John Perry the younger, and Harry Perry, under the style of Perry and Co., by whom the assets of the late firm will be received and. the liabilities discharged.
1881 The company employed 1200 mechanics and labourers
Business was later continued by Herbert Henry Bartlett.
Contractors on the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway
1908 Incorporated as a Limited Company - Perry and Co (of Bow) Ltd
1914 Builders and Contractors. About 5,000 staff. The business had 2 branches - the Building Department and that dealing with Engineering Works (Electrical and Decoration Work was handled by Tredegar & Co.). Contractors to H.M. Government having held triennial contracts for 18 years.
1927 "Active operations have now been commenced on the Salop Sugar Beet Factory at Allscott, Shropshire and hopes are expressed that it will be completed in time for the 1927-28 crop. The contract which has been placed with Perry and Son (Bow) Ltd. provides for the completion of the factory by October 15th 1927."
1929 The company was in liquidation