Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,159 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bank Quay, Warrington
The Bank Quay Glass Works had been started in 1757 by Robert Patten, Peter Searman, Edward Deane and Thomas Falkner. By 1797 Josiah Perrin and Edward Falkner had the largest share in the firm. Perrin, Geddes & Co supplied the glass tableware for the Prince Regent's banquet at Liverpool in 1806. The Prince admired it, and the Liverpool Corporation subsequently ordered a set of glassware as a gift to him. The factory was visited by the La Rochefoucauld Brothers in 1785, who described the process of making twist glasses.
1827 Partnership dissolved.