of Abingdon-on-Thames, Berks, (now Oxon). Telephone: Abingdon 1401. Cable: "Pavlova, Abingdonberks"
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert for Quality with Quantity. Manufacturers of "Pavdo" (Registered) White and Cream Doeskins, "Pavcham" Combination Tanned Chamois, "Pavbuk" White and Coloured Shoe Suede, "Pavclo" Clothing Suede and Belt Suedes, Lamb and Sheep Crust Skivers** and White Splits**. Gloving Lambs, Gloving Goats, Suede Clothing, Belt Suede. (Leather Goods Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No.400c) 
- Note: **
- Skiver - a split sheepskin leather [origin: Old Norse].
- Split - a single thickness of a split hide, having the same finish on both sides. 
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1947 British Industries Fair Advert 349; and p211
- ↑ Chambers English Dictionary