Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,121 pages of information and 227,783 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Parr's Bank

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
1895.
1899.

Parrs Banking Company and the Alliance Bank Limited.

4 Bartholomew Lane, London, EC.

1865 Parr's Banking Co., Ltd., was incorporated as a Limited Company to take over the business of Messrs. Parr and Co., of Warrington.

Subsequently acquired:

  • Thomas Firth and Son, Northwich (1865)
  • Woodcock Sons and Eckersley, Wigan (1874)
  • F.W. Jennings, Leek (1877)
  • Dixons and Co., Chester (1878)
  • National Bank of Liverpool (1883)
  • Fuller, Banbury, Nix and Co. (1891)
  • The Alliance Bank, Ltd. (1892).

1892 The name was changed to Parr's Banking Co. and the Alliance Bank, Ltd.

Further acquisitions:

  • Sir Samuel Scott, Bart., and Co. (1894)
  • Croxon, Jones and Co., Oswestry (1894)
  • Shrubsole and Co., Kingston-on-Thames (1894)
  • The Consolidated Bank, Ltd. (1896).

1896 The name was changed to Parr's Bank Ltd.

Subsequently acquired:

  • Derby and Derbyshire Banking Co., Ltd. (1898)
  • Ashton, Stalybridge, Hyde and Glossop Bank, Ltd. (1900)
  • Pares's Leicestershire Banking Co., Ltd. (1902)
  • Robin Brothers., Jersey (1908)
  • Whitehaven Joint Stock Banking Co., Ltd. (1908)
  • Stuckeys Banking Co. Ltd. (1909).

1914 276 Branches.

1918 London County and Westminster Bank merged with Parr's Bank to form London County Westminster & Parr's Bank Ltd. It had 700 branches


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information