Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,878 pages of information and 232,615 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices see the 1917 Red Book
1914 The first model was built. It had a 2.25hp, 225cc two-stroke engine with petroil lubrication, chain-driven U. H. magneto, Amac carburettor and two-speed Paragon gearbox. With Radco forks and a torpedo-shaped fuel tank, the machine had a distinctive look.
1915 That model was joined by others of 346cc and 511cc that were very similar except for hand-pump lubrication.
Post-War. As the Paragon Motor Manufacturing Company, they returned with a 358cc two-stroke engine in-unit with a chain-driven two-speed gear and belt final-drive. This was fitted into a spring frame with compression and rebound coil springs, contained in vertical tubes either side of the rear forks ends, and which doubled as supports for the rear carrier. Projecting lugs accommodated the wheel spindles.
1921 By early in the year the makers had gone out of production, but it was not to be the end of the design.
A revised design, that kept the frame features, re-entered the market as the New Paragon and continued for one more season.