Papplewick Pumping Station
Rigg Lane, Ravenshead, Nottingham, NG8 2AE.
This is Britain's finest Victorian Water Works and the only one in the Midlands to be preserved as a complete working water pumping station. Papplewick Pumping Station was built between 1882 - 1884 to supplement the water supply for the growing city of Nottingham. In the main building there are two massive beam pumping engines, thought to be the last built by the famous firm of James Watt & Co. of Soho Works, Birmingham and London.