1929. British Industries Fair catalogue.
as Cussons, Sons and Co (incorporating Shirley Brothers) of Kersal Vale Works, Manchester and Whitecross Works, Rockingham Street, London, SE1 (1922) [for Shirley Brothers - see below]
as Cussons, Sons and Co of Kersal Vale Works, Manchester. Telephone: Higher Broughton 1281-2-3. Cables: "Kervalli, Manchester". London Factory: 41, 42, 43 Tower Hill, London, E1. (1929)
as Cussons, Sons and Co of Kersal Vale, Manchester, 7. Telephone: Manchester, Broughton 2241. Cables: "Kervalli, Manchester"; and 73 Grosvenor Street, London, W1. Telephone: Mayfair 8332. (1947)
PZ Cussons (UK). Head Office in Stockport, Cheshire (2007)
- 1869 Thomas Cussons opened a chemist shop in England.
- 1909 Alex Cussons bought bleach mill at Kersal Vale, Salford.
- 1920 Cussons commenced soap manufacture in England.
- 1922 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturing Chemists, Perfumers, Packers, and Soap makers. Specialities: "Maydew" Toilet preparations for Hair, Skin, and all Toilet occasions; "Maydew" Shaving Stick; "Kervalli" Perfumes. Experts in Toilet Goods for any occasion; Packers of Chemists' and Grocers' Sundries; Makers of Fine Toilet Soaps in any Shape, Style or Perfume. Specialists in Tinned Ointments, etc. 
- 1929 British Industries Fair Advert for Perfumery and other Luxuries for the Toilet. Manufacturers of Fine Soaps and Perfumery. "White Cross" Baby Powder, "Kervalli" Brilliantine de Luxe, "Mists of the Moon" Perfumery en suite, "Kervalli" Shaving Soap, "Maydew" Toilet Preparations and Soaps, Novelty Soaps. (Druggists' Sundries Section - Stand Nos. M.8 and M.94) 
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert for Toilet Luxuries. Manufacturers of "Imperial Leather", "Apple Blossom", "Lime Blossom" Toilet Soaps, Toilet Powders. Foundation Cream. Mascara. Lipsticks. Bath Essence, Colognes. "Chubby" Shaving Sticks. "White Cross" Baby Powder. (Chemists' Supplies Section - Olympia Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1358) 
- 1954 Advert on this page for Cussons Imperial Leather Clear Brilliantine. 
- Main brands Imperial Leather, Carex, Original Source, Charles Worthington, Morning Fresh.
- Markets UK and Europe - 350 employees.
Shirley Brothers (Proprietors: Cussons, Sons and Co Ltd)
of Whitecross Works, Rockingham Street, London, SE1
- 1922 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers, Exporters. Proprietors of the well-known "Whitecross" Baby Powder; "Peach Bloom" Face Powder; "A.1." Menthol Cones (Full Series); "A.1." Menthol Snuff; Mme. Vars' Hair Dyes, Henna Shampoo, Cocoanut Oil Shampoo; "Golden Girl" Shampoo; "Primrose" Tablets (The Great Winter Soother and Healer); Etienne Frères' Perfumery; "Eveline" Hygienic Feeders; Tooth Pastes; Tooth Powders; Toilet Powders; Tubed Goods; Empty Tins, in great variety. Packers of anything for Chemists. 
Sources of Information