PS St. Trillo
1876 Built by Barclay, Curle and Co. 198 tons.
Owned by the Liverpool and North Wales Steamship Co
The last paddle-steamer to be acquired by this company was, in 1909, the ST. TRILLO. Originally the vessel was the CARISBROOKE owned by the Southampton Company who disposed of her to the Colwyn Bay and Liverpool Steamship Co when she was re-named RHOS TREVOR and ran from Colwyn Bay to Rhos Pier, Llandudno and Menai Straits. She was a small 12-knot boat and carried 463 passengers. She had one funnel aft of the engines and one mast forward. In 1921 she was sold to the Marquis de Olaso, a Spanish owner, and re-named SAN TELMO.[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ ‘Cross-Channel and Coastal Paddle Steamers’ by George Frank Burtt
