PS Sons of the Thames
1844 The SONS OF THE THAMES and FATHER THAMES were both built for the Thames Steamboat Co. They ran between Hungerford Market and Gravesend. The SONS OF THE THAMES was of the following dimensions: 140 ft. by 17 ft. by 8.3 ft., tonnage 199, n.h.p. 56. The FATHER THAMES was larger, 141.6 ft. by 19.2 ft. by 10 ft., tonnage 254, n.h.p. 70. They were both withdrawn in November, 1845, in view of the opening of the North Kent Railway to Gravesend.
See Also
Sources of Information
- 'Steamers of the Thames and Medway' by Frank Burtt
