PS Osprey (1878)
1878 The OSPREY and PRINCESS MARY were sister boats built for the longer downstream trips. Owned by the London Steamboat Co. The former was built at Cubitt Town and the latter at Poplar. They were much larger than the two up-river boats, being 131.3 ft. in length by 16 by 6.4, of 100 tons gross and 35 N.H.P. engines. The OSPREY remained in service until 1909 and the PRINCESS MARY until 1908.
See Also
Sources of Information
- 'Steamers of the Thames and Medway' by Frank Burtt
