PS Manxman
‘Cross-Channel and Coastal Paddle Steamers’ by George Frank Burtt
Another steamer run by Messrs. Little from Barrow was the MANXMAN. Built in 1870 by R. Duncan and Co., Port Glasgow, for the Clyde and Belfast trade, she was originally named ANTRIM.
Her length was 230 feet, beam 25.2 feet and depth 11.2 feet. When Little’s bought her for the Isle of Man trade, she was lengthened to 266.6 feet by the Barrow Shipbuilding Co. Her engines were of the oscillating type, the cylinders being 48 in. by 75 in. stroke, and were made by Rankin and Blackmore of Greenock. She was eventually sold to Messrs. Ward for scrap.
