PS Duke of Teck
1866 Built at Port Glasgow. 93 tons. 50 N.H.P.
In 1875, the Woolwich Steam Packet Co purchased four steamboats from the Clyde; three of these had been built to re-establish a service between Helensburgh and the Gareloch by a company which had gone into liquidation. The third vessel of the defunct Company was the LEVEN, which became the DUKE OF TECK. Built in 1866, by Blackwood and Gordon, Port Glasgow, she had oscillating engines and one haystack boiler.
See Also
Sources of Information
- 'Steamers of the Thames and Medway' by Frank Burtt
