PS Duke of Connaught
1866 Built at Port Glasgow. 127 tons. 50 N.H.P.
In 1875, the Woolwich Steam Packet Co purchased four steamboats from the Clyde; three of these had been built to re-establish a service between Helensburgh and the Gareloch by a company which had gone into liquidation. The first of these boats, the ARDENCAPLE was immediately renamed DUKE OF CONNAUGHT; she was built at Port Glasgow in 1866, by R. Duncan and Co. She had one boiler and two oscillating cylinders 28 in. diameter by 36 in. stroke of pistons.
See Also
Sources of Information
- 'Steamers of the Thames and Medway' by Frank Burtt
